Philips Horticultural LED Overview
Solid-state LED lighting offers a number of benefits to the horticulture industry, including increased yields, earlier flowering, faster root growth/germination, better control of plant growth, and more economical use of space. LED lighting is also highly energy-efficient, helping horticultural producers to lower electricity consumption, especially during the high consumption periods of autumn and winter.
Having completed hundreds of projects, Philips Lighting has many years of experience investigating the effects of LEDs (light-emitting diodes) on a range of crops. In every project we are on the lookout for the optimum light recipe. A Philips light recipe is an instruction based on knowledge of how to use light to grow a certain crop under certain conditions. A light recipe indicates:
• Lighting aspects: light level, spectrum, required uniformity, position and time
• Parameters for which the recipe is valid, e.g. climate conditions
• Expected results besides energy saving
Our light recipes are suitable for different segments within horticulture, e.g. vegetable production, tissue culture and young plant production, cut flowers, seedlings and nurseries. Philips Lighting is offering knowledge of horticultural LED lighting around the world to you.
- GreenPower LED Flowering Lamp
- GreenPower LED Interlighting Module
- GreenPower LED Production Module
- GreenPower LED research module
- GreenPower LED string